Restoration/Vehicle Modification Agreement
This agreement is to inform our customer on the policies for the restoration/modification process that we follow here at Spikes Speed Shop/DBA Basement Powersports Inc. The restoration and or modification of any vehicle can be a lengthy and can an also be expensive process, full frame off, rotisserie restorations can be 1,200+ hours, custom and show quality restorations can be much higher. Where as simple bolt on modifications and or upgrades can be a much shorter wait time. It is our desire that we work with you, as the customer to ensure you understand the commitment both in time research and money it takes to complete a project. These policies are in place so that we can avoid any misunderstandings and the process will be enjoyable and satisfying!
1. Because of the unknown variables associated with modifications/restoration (condition of body, frame, structural components, engine and general mechanical condition and availability of parts) estimates or “bids” of the total cost of a project will not be given at any time. All restoration jobs are time and material. There are sometimes unforeseen circumstances we aim to remain as informative as possible when these things arise as well as document with pictures notes etc.
2. Due to our current work load a 25% deposit based on total estimate of work requested, will be required upon execution of this agreement to hold your place. This deposit will be applied to work performed, parts and materials until it is depleted. Additional deposits will be required when the prior deposit reaches $500 or less. With this, if you see any delay with a scheduled deposit, we ask that you communicate that to us as early as possible, therefore not to hinder any progress on your build.
3. As a customer you will be billed every other Monday, once your vehicle is brought in to the facility with the total invoice due upon receipt if payment is not submitted we will have to move on to the next vehicle in line. If that happens multiple times we would ask that you bring your vehicle back when you're ready to commit to the process. If necessary alternate options can be arranged for your convenience.
4. Invoices will include time spent on project and any materials used or ordered during the preceding week. Labor hours and descriptions are intended to define the scope of the work performed and may not include every detail of work performed. Hours may also include multiple employees working on the same project.
5. Time sheets are maintained as a record of time spent on the project and photos are taken as the project progresses. Photos of progress will be posted to our website for your viewing. Customer is welcome to personally view the project as it progresses. At the end of the restoration all photos will be available to you. Everything we discuss will be put in writing at time of agreement. You at this point will be asked to also sign a copy of said agreement. Any changes made from that point will require a new written agreement that will also need to be signed. A detailed file will be kept with hard copies of everything we have agreed on.
6. Our labor rates are:
$90.00 per hour for Electrical & Mechanical
$70.00 per hour for Body and metal work
Keep in mind labor charges and times based on vehicles country of origin and availability of quality aftermarket components and or factory repair information.
Parts, sublets, and materials will be marked up based on a combination of our cost and market price. Restoration charges apply to “time and materials”. Quality, comprehensive restorations of collectible and or specialty automobiles take time, and can be expensive. Time spent on projects is documented by time clock. A list of parts and paint materials used within the billing cycle is included on the invoice. Please note that in some cases extensive time and research may be needed to find the right part whether it be period specific fitment issues or even just your personal modification preference. We ask that you Trust Our Process.
Invoices will include an item titled generically “Body Supplies”, which will include such items as bondo, putty, guide coat, cleaning solvents, rags, HazMat costs, etc. These items are impossible to quantify, but are clearly related to the cost of restoration. This cost will be rated per hour of body time attributed to the restoration.
7. Each customer is required to provide their own insurance to cover the market value of the vehicle. Customer assures Basement Powersportrs Inc that the vehicle is titled in their name as the owner. You will be responsible for improvements made to the vehicle even if you have not assured you possess clear title to the vehicle. Proof of ownership may be required.
8. Basement Powersports Inc will not be responsible for faulty, altered or removed vin tags. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify vin info before restoration. Basement Powersports INC will not alter, add or modify vin tags.
9. Customer may at any time decide to stop the repair/restoration process and may remove the car upon payment of outstanding invoices. Pending final charges, any credit balance will be returned to customer. In the event of a customer initiated “hold” on work, a $200.00 per month storage fee will be assessed until a new deposit is received. If the car is completed and left at the shop, after 1 week a charge of $35/day will be assessed. If for some reason there will be any delay in this timeline please let us know at your earliest convenience to allow us to make room for other projects.
10. Basement Powersports Inc is not responsible for personal items left in vehicle. All take off parts left at Basement Powersports Inc after 30 days of car delivery will be considered abandoned and disposed of.
11. Parts or labor for replacing parts that are not purchased through Basement Powersports Inc. will not be warranted by Basement Powersports Inc. Due to manufacturer defect All parts warranties are those provided by the manufacturer only. We discourage the use of used parts that have not been rebuilt or provided and/or recommended by Basement Powersports Inc.
12. Past Due Accounts are subject to a service charge of 2% per month. Customer will be responsible for administration fees and legal fees associated with the collection of past due accounts .
13. I give Spikes Speed Shop/DBA Basement Powersports Inc permission to use the pictures of my restoration along with my name, city, state and country in their catalogs, website, on their page at Facebook.com and promotional materials.
14. It is the sole responsibility of the owner to be up to date on their states inspection laws and regulations Basement Powersports Inc is not responsible for any aftermarket modifications that deem the vehicle for show or off road use only on said vehicle
Thank you for choosing Basement Powersports Inc for the restoration and or modification of your collectible automobile. It is our desire that the process of restoring your car will be an enjoyable and satisfying one.
Exceptions and/or Amendments to This Agreement_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
By signing this agreement you acknowledge said items and have fully read this agreement and understand and agree to the terms and conditions as outlined in this document authorizing said work to be performed as described by
Basement Powersports Inc
21 Terminal Place Brockton Ma 02301
Customer Printed Name Customer Signature
Copyright © 2018 Basement Powersports Inc - All Rights Reserved.
All great builds start somewhere....